Parish | School | CCD
221 MacArthur Avenue ♦ Sayreville, NJ 08872-1041 ♦ 732-254-5819
 
 
 
Home Our School Admissions Parents & Students Organizations Student Life Employment Alumni
Our School
Philosophy & Mission
History
Accreditation
Before & After Care
FACTS Financial Aid
We Share
Principal's Message
Faculty & Staff
Student Ambassadors
FAQs
Testimonials
Contact Us

History
From the moment one enters St, Stanislaus Kostka School, there is bountiful evidence of the pride, dedication and cultural commitment each family has to this school and this parish. The parish was built by Polish immigrants. There was an influx of Polish immigrants to Sayreville in the early 1900’s and they were eager to establish a church that reflected their culture, maintained their language, Polish identity and Catholic devotion. The church is an exact replica of a church in Poland dedicated to St. Stanislaus Kostka. Builders were sent back to Poland to get exact measurements and sketches of the church in Poland. The church in Poland was subsequently bombed and destroyed during in World War II. It was the turn of, St. Stanislaus Church in Sayreville, to receive builders from Poland to take measurements and pictures so they could return to Poland and rebuild their lost Polish parish exactly. The church, in Sayreville, was completed in 1914 and the school itself was opened in September of 1915 under the supervision and instructional guidance of Felician sisters. The school occupied the bottom two floors of the actual church. The establishment of this parochial school was cultural and fell in line with the mandate of the Third Plenary Council of Baltimore. Polish parents were devoted to the parish and insisted on sending their children to the school to be educated. At its height, the school’s tiny cafeteria, in the church basement, fed 500 children lunch daily. In 1964 a separate school building was completed. This allowed the students to move from the church basement to a state of the art building for the time. The school was filled to capacity for most of the 1960’s and 1970”s. During the 1980’s, the school population began to decline but by 1994, under the leadership of a new principal and our Pastor Father Ken Murphy, a new era began as enrollment increased significantly.The school has been at or close to capacity since 1997. Today, there are no nuns teaching in the school; it is staffed entirely by lay people. There is a strong generational history in the school. There are many current students who’s great grandparents were graduates of the school. The proud people of our parish and school are in the midst of celebrating the school and parish’s 100th anniversary. St. Stanislaus Kostka School looks forward to serving many more children for many more years.




Saint Stanislaus Kostka School
221 MacArthur Avenue ♦ Sayreville, NJ 08872-1041 ♦ 732-254-5819